CEDAR email: CEDAR Virtual Meeting joint session on TAD/TID/MSTIDs Workshop

Vargas, Fabio Augusto fvargas at illinois.edu
Wed Jun 10 12:08:10 MDT 2020

Dear CEDAR community,

We will be holding a joint session on TAD/TID/MSTID: Earth’s atmosphere vertical coupling relation with MSTIDs; Identification and Source Differentiation; Disturbances of high latitude origin and their low latitude impacts. The session is scheduled for Thursday, 25 June 2020, at 11:00 AM-01:00 PM Mountain Time.

We want to learn the latest advances in atmosphere vertical coupling and its relationship with ionosphere-thermosphere oscillatory phenomena (TAD/TIDs/MSTIDs), their low, mid, and high latitude sources, and their physical excitation mechanisms. We also want to discuss the formation, progression, and global impacts of Traveling Atmospheric/Ionospheric Disturbances (TADs/TIDs) is one of the long-standing challenges of space weather research. We welcome submissions on methodologies, including theory, modeling, observation, and experiment. We are interested in modeling and data studies of TIDs and how to use multi-instrument approaches to understand the phenomena better.

The virtual CEDAR is free to attend. For details about this joint session, please check out the session workshop page at http://cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/2020_Workshop:Joint_Session_on_TAD/TID/MSTID.

More details about the virtual CEDAR workshop (including the link to register) go to http://cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/2020_Workshop:MainVG

Best regards,

Conveners:
Fabio Vargas, fvargas at illinois.edu
Manbharat Singh Dhadly, manbharat.dhadly at nrl.navy.mil
Kate Zawdie, kate.zawdie at nrl.navy.mil
Pedrina Terra, pedrina.santos at ucf.edu

Dr. Fabio Vargas, Ph.D. Sc.
Research Scientist
--
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Remote Sensing & Space Science Laboratory
e-mail: fvargas at illinois.edu