CEDAR email: Call for 2019 AOGS abstracts: "ST30 Multi-scale Ionosphere Structuring Processes and Related Impact on Technology"

Shasha Zou shashaz at umich.edu
Thu Jan 17 11:56:57 MST 2019

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to invite you to submit your abstract to the 2019 AOGS session ST30 "Multi-scale Ionosphere Structuring Processes and Related Impact on Technology.”

The detailed session description is:

It has been well recognized that severe space weather impacts arise from ionospheric density structures, which can potentially cause disruption, degradation, or blackout of satellite and terrestrial communications, radar, and radio navigation systems. Although much progress has been made in the study of ionospheric space weather in the last decade, many gaps remain in our understanding of some of the fundamental physical processes and the related impact on technologies, such as the performance and availability of satellite-based navigation and communication systems. In this session, we invite papers about recent progress and current understanding of the physical processes of ionospheric density structuring at various latitudes and the related impact on technologies. Observational, modeling, and theoretical studies are all encouraged.

You can use the link below to submit an abstract:
http://www.asiaoceania.org/aogs2019/public.asp?page=abstract.htm

Keyword(s):
ionospheric disturbances; scintillation; magnetosphere-ionosphere coupling

Best regards,
ST30 conveners:  Shasha Zou, Ercha Aa, Qinghe Zhang, Shunrong Zhang

Shasha Zou
Associate Professor
Department of Climate and Space Sciences and Engineering (CLaSP)
University of Michigan
1431 Space Research Building, 2455 Hayward St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2143
(office) 734-936-8184
http://clasp.engin.umich.edu/people/shashaz