CEDAR email: CEDAR Grand Challenge solicitation
loren at ncu.edu.tw
Thu Jan 17 09:07:07 MST 2019
We would like to invite the CEDAR community to propose new Ground Challenge topics to be initiated at the 2019 CEDAR Workshop. Ground Challenges highlight topics that will have a large impact on the CEDAR research community, with the workshops serving as a focal point for coordinated efforts.
A list of current and past GC workshops can be found at: http://cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/Workshop:Cedar_Grand_Challenge_workshop <http://cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/Workshop:Cedar_Grand_Challenge_workshop>
Proposals for a Grand Challenge workshop can be submitted online before 15 February, 2019 at:
In the proposal, please provide the following information:
- An explanation of why the proposed topic is compelling and likely to have an impact on a large segment of the CEDAR research community.
- Information on how the proposed topic aligns with the goals of the CEDAR strategic plan.
- Well-defined objectives for the GC workshop and metrics to assess success.
- Justification for why the objectives require coordinated workshops over multiple years and a plan for what the GCW will accomplish in each year.
- Proposed topics for the plenary tutorial talk.
At least one new Grand Challenge (GC) workshop will be selected. GC workshops can be proposed for up to 3 years and be will be granted 4-hours of workshop time and one 45 minute plenary tutorial slot at each CEDAR meeting during their term.
We look forward to receiving your proposals and seeing you at this year’s CEDAR Workshop!
Sincerely, on behalf of the CEDAR Science Steering Committee,
Loren Chang <loren at ncu.edu.tw>
Roger Varney <roger.varney at sri.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cedar_email