CEDAR email: Reminder: CEDAR Grand Challenge solicitation (due Feb. 15)
maute at ucar.edu
Mon Feb 11 08:00:34 MST 2019
Dear Colleagues,*We would like to invite the CEDAR community to
propose new Grand
Challenge (GC) topics to be initiated at the 2019 CEDAR Workshop.*
Grand Challenges highlight topics that will have a large impact on the
CEDAR research community, with the workshops serving as a focal point
for coordinated efforts.
A list of current and past GC workshops can be found
*Proposals for a Grand Challenge workshop can be submitted online
before/at 15 February, 2019
In the proposal, please provide the following information:
- An explanation of why the proposed topic is compelling and likely to
have an impact on a large segment of the CEDAR research community.
- Information on how the proposed topic aligns with the goals of the
CEDAR strategic plan.
- Well-defined objectives for the GC workshop and metrics to assess success.
- Justification for why the objectives require coordinated workshops
over multiple years and a plan for what the GCW will accomplish in
- Proposed topics for the plenary tutorial talk.
At least one new Grand Challenge workshop will be selected. GC
workshops can be proposed for up to 3 years and be will be granted
4-hours of workshop time and one 45 minute plenary tutorial slot at
each CEDAR meeting during their term.
We look forward to receiving your proposals and seeing you at this
year’s CEDAR Workshop!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cedar_email