CEDAR email: NSF EarthCube and GEO CI opportunities
Irfan, Azeem, Syed
sazeem at nsf.gov
Wed Feb 6 09:41:45 MST 2019
The Directorate for Geosciences cyberinfrastructure (GEO CI) group would like to call your attention to two opportunities related to cyberinfrastructure and advanced data science. Applications from geoscientists with interest and expertise in these areas are due in early March.
EarthCube Solicitation NSF 16-514
EarthCube aims to create a well-connected and facile environment to share data and knowledge in an open, transparent, and inclusive manner, thus accelerating our ability to understand and predict the Earth system. The following opportunities for support are described in Amendment VII to this solicitation. An informational webinar will provide more information on the support available.
* EarthCube Science-Enabling Data Capabilities – Deadline date: March 5, 2019
* Research Coordination Networks (RCN) – Target date: March 14, 2019
* Science adoption supplement requests – Contact an EarthCube Program Director
* Data resource adoption supplement requests – Contact an EarthCube Program Director
Informational webinar: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, at 2 PM EST (https://nsf2.webex.com/nsf2/j.php?MTID=m414cb0b67e87dfd280d832156538a349)
Harnessing the Data Revolution (HDR)
NSF’s Harnessing the Data Revolution (HDR) is a national-scale activity to enable new modes of data-driven discovery that will allow fundamental questions to be asked and answered at the frontiers of science and engineering. The HDR vision is realized through an interrelated set of activities and funding opportunities. Each of these efforts is designed to amplify the intrinsically multidisciplinary nature of the emerging field of data science.
Deadline Updates for HDR Solicitations:
Due to the recent 35-day lapse in appropriations and shutdown of the agency, NSF will be extending the deadline dates for the HDR solicitations noted below:
New Deadline Date
Harnessing the Data Revolution (HDR): Institutes for Data-Intensive Research in Science and Engineering - Ideas Labs (I-DIRSE-IL)
Harnessing the Data Revolution (HDR): Data Science Corps (DSC)
NSF has scheduled a webinar providing an overview of the current HDR funding opportunities:
Event Title: Harnessing the Data Revolution (HDR) Information Webinar
Date/Time: February 15, 2019 – 1:00pm until 3:00pm Eastern Time
· Notify the event organizer no later than Feb. 6, 2019, if you require reasonable/accessibility accommodations to participate in the webinar.
· Register in Advance at URL: https://nsf2.webex.com/nsf2/onstage/g.php?MTID=e825991c55703f366add84da206f055b3
· Audio Options: Connect using computer audio. Alternatively, choose call-me and enter your phone number to receive a call back, or call-in using USA/Canada Toll: +1-510-210-8882 or Toll-Free: 1-844-700-9959 and event number/access code 900 748 538.
· Real-time Captions: View real-time captions the day of the event at: www.fedrcc.us/<http://www.fedrcc.us/> by clicking “Join Now” and entering event ID # 3912679.
Further information on these opportunities, and others available to geoscientists, can also be found on the NSF webpage for “Cyberinfrastructure for the Geosciences” (https://www.nsf.gov/geo/geo-ci/index.jsp).
S. Irfan Azeem
Program Director, Space Weather Research
Division of Atmospheric and Geospace Sciences
National Science Foundation
2415 Eisenhower Avenue 8W
Alexandria, VA 22314
Email: sazeem at nsf.gov<mailto:sazeem at nsf.gov>
Phone: (703) 292-4694
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cedar_email