CEDAR email: AOGS 2020 Session ST09 "New Results from COSMIC 2, GOLD, and ICON Missions"

Astrid Maute maute at ucar.edu
Thu Dec 5 20:57:51 MST 2019

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to call your attention to our session on  "*New Results from
COSMIC 2, GOLD, *
*and ICON Missions"* to be held at the upcoming *2020 Asia Oceania
Geosciences *
*Society (AOGS) *meeting in South Korea from 28 June to 04 July 2020.
Please
consider submitting an abstract. Also, please note, *the abstract
submission *

*deadline is Jan. 21, 2020.*
*New Results from COSMIC 2, GOLD, and ICON Missions*

Several recent launched satellite missions are ushering a new era of space
weather
research. COSMIC 2 is a cluster of 6 satellites carrying GNSS receivers,
tri-band
beacons, and ion velocity meters (IVM) bringing together ionospheric TEC,
scintillation,
and ion drift observations. It allows not only monitoring of ionospheric
conditions but also
exploring the physics of equatorial ionospheric dynamo. Six satellites
carrying identical
payloads offer much better local time and longitudinal coverages. GOLD is
an UV imager
on a geo-synchronous satellite. For the first time, we can constantly
observe the ionosphere
and thermosphere over the American sector. Another low latitude mission,
ICON will deliver
additional neutral wind, ion drift, and UV observations. The combination of
these missions
as well as with other space and ground based observations offer many new
opportunities to
study the ionosphere thermosphere interaction in the equatorial region and
advance the
space weather research. In this session, we solicit presentations of new
results from these
missions. The goal of this session is to foster new collaborations for more
scientific returns.

Session  ST09 in the list at:
http://www.asiaoceania.org/aogs2020/public.asp?page=sessionList.htm
Abstract submission site:
http://www.asiaoceania.org/aogs2020/public.asp?page=abstract.asp

Sincerely,
Qian Wu (NCAR, United States)
Xuguang Cai (NCAR, United States)
Quan Gan (University of Colorado, United States)
Charles Lin (National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan)
Astrid Maute (NCAR, United States)