CEDAR email: posting an advertisement for our graduate program

Yi-Hsin Liu Yi-Hsin.Liu at dartmouth.edu
Mon Oct 8 13:26:22 MDT 2018

Hi there,

Could you post the following advertisement for our graduate program in space & plasma physics?

Thanks!

Yi-Hsin @ Dartmouth

Graduate Studies in Physics and Astronomy at the Dartmouth College

The Department of Physics and Astronomy at the Dartmouth College seeks prospective graduate students interested in pursuing research in space physics, plasma physics, and plasma astrophysics. Successful candidates will enter the program in Fall 2019. The deadline for application is January 15, 2019; Fellowships and Research assistantships are available. Prospective students should apply at https://physics.dartmouth.edu/graduate/apply.

The plasma and space physics research group at Dartmouth (https://physics.dartmouth.edu/research/plasma-and-space-physics) covers broad research interests including the theory and modeling of fundamental plasma physics (e.g., magnetic reconnection, turbulence, instabilities, particle acceleration) in laboratory, space and astrophysical systems; sounding rocket, balloon, CubeSat missions and ground-based experiments that study the aurora, Earth’s radiation belts and the ionosphere; and global modeling of Earth’s magnetosphere and the Sun’s heliosphere. We are involved in existing NASA spacecraft missions, including Magnetospheric Multiscale Mission (MMS), Van Allen Probes, and many sounding rocket and balloon studies.

Questions about the program and application process should be directed to Prof. Yi-Hsin Liu (Yi-Hsin.Liu at Dartmouth.edu). We encourage students to consider joining our small, close-knit department. Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We kindly request educators and researchers to distribute this announcement to possible candidates.