CEDAR email: Call for participation in the mini-GEM MIT coupling session

Hyunju Connor hkconnor at alaska.edu
Mon Oct 1 15:21:07 MDT 2018

 Dear CEDAR scientists,

I would like to invite you to participate in the mini-GEM sessions titled “3D ionospheric electrodynamics and its impact on the magnetosphere - ionosphere - thermosphere (MIT) coupled system”. They will be held in the afternoon on December 9 (Sunday before the AGU meeting) at the Hilton Old Town Alexandria in Alexandria, Virginia, ~30mins away from the AGU convention center.

We hope both GEM and CEDAR scientists to join our session, sharing and discussing their recent results in the MI, IT, or MIT field. This session will create synergy between the two communities and help to advance our physics-based understanding of the global MIT system. The detailed session description can be found at the following website:
http://aten.igpp.ucla.edu/gemwiki/index.php/FG:_3D_Ionospheric_Electrodynamics_and_Its_Impact_on_the_Magnetosphere-Ionosphere-Thermosphere_Coupled_System <http://aten.igpp.ucla.edu/gemwiki/index.php/FG:_3D_Ionospheric_Electrodynamics_and_Its_Impact_on_the_Magnetosphere-Ionosphere-Thermosphere_Coupled_System>.

If you are interested in giving a talk, please send the title of your talk to Hyunju Connor at (hkconnor at alaska.edu <mailto:hkconnor at alaska.edu>). We are looking forward to your participation.

Thank you very much,
Hyunju Connor, Binzheng Zhang, Gang Lu, and Haje Korth.

Hyunju Kim Connor
Assistant Professor
Physics Department & Geophysical Institute
University of Alaska Fairbanks
2156 Koyukuk Drive, P.O. Box 757320
Fairbanks, Alaska 99775-7320, USA
TEL +1-907-474-5421