CEDAR email: Call for participation in GEM-CEDAR Modeling Challenge Session at 2018 mini-GEM Workshop

Shim, Ja Soon (GSFC-674.0)[CATHOLIC UNIV OF AMERICA] jasoon.shim at nasa.gov
Tue Nov 13 13:11:38 MST 2018

Dear Colleague,

Please join us for discussions on our GEM-CEDAR Modeling Challenge on Sunday, December 9 at mini-GEM Workshop:

Date: Sunday, December 9, 2018
Time: 3:30-5:00 pm
Location: Washington Room of the Hilton Alexandria Old Town in Alexandria, Virginia

In the meeting, we will first report outcomes of the validation studies performed by Ionosphere-Working Teams<https://ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov/assessment/forum-topics.php> of the International Forum for Space Weather Modeling Capabilities Assessment <https://ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov/assessment/> that is facilitated by the Community Coordinated Modeling Center<https://ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov/index.php>. Then, we will focus on scintillation study.

Tentative presentations and topics for discussion:
Ionosphere-Working Group Report

  *   overview:  Ludger Scherliess (USU)
  *   foF2/TEC during storms: Ja Soon Shim (GSFC/CUA)
  *   foF2/hmF2 climatology: Ioanna Tsagouri (NOA)/Larisa Goncharenko (MIT)
  *   scintillation: Endawoke Yizengaw (BC)

Scintillations at Middle Latitudes - Keith Groves (BC)
Future Plans and Action Items

Please let us know If you are interested in presenting your thoughts and ideas, and if you have suggestions or comments on the GEM-CEDAR Modeling Challenge.

Best regards,

Ja Soon Shim
Ludger Scherliess
Ioanna Tsagouri