CEDAR email: 2018 Solar Dynamics Observatory Workshop Announcement

Mason, James Paul (GSFC-671.0)[UNIVERSITIES SPACE RESEARCH ASSOCIATION] james.p.mason at nasa.gov
Wed May 30 20:30:18 MDT 2018

The 2018 Solar Dynamics Observatory Workshop: Catalyzing Solar Connections, will be held October 29 - November 2, 2018, at Thagaste, in Ghent, Belgium (http://www.thagaste.be).

The abstract submission website is now open at https://register-as.oma.be/sdo2018/abstract.php. Abstracts must be submitted by Friday, August 17, 2018.

It has been eight years since the launch of SDO. We have seen a blizzard of papers and science results from this mission. As Solar Cycle 24 fades, we will get together to discuss what we learned about the Sun and anticipate what Solar Cycle 25 will look like.

The 2018 European Space Weather Week will be held the following week, allowing participants to attend both meetings.

This workshop will include invited and contributed oral and poster presentations in 8 themed sessions spanning SDO‘s wide range of research topics and one day of parallel mini-workshops. We encourage your participation and hope that you will share this announcement with colleagues.

The registration deadline for the 350 EUR registration fee is Friday, September 15, 2018, 23:59 UTC. After that date, the registration fee is 450 EUR.

Registration, abstract submission, and other information about SDO 2018: Catalyzing Solar Connections are available at https://register-as.oma.be/sdo2018/.

Dean Pesnell
Chair, SDO 2018 Science Organizing Committee
[cid:2501838A-DD49-44E6-A6EF-C17EFC821B49]