CEDAR email: Invitation to Fall AGU session SA012 "Multi-scale Ionosphere Structuring Processes and Related Impact on Technology"

Shasha Zou shashaz at umich.edu
Thu Jul 12 07:57:46 MDT 2018

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to invite you to submit your abstract to the 2018 Fall AGU session SA012 "Multi-scale Ionosphere Structuring Processes and Related Impact on Technology”.

The detailed session description is:

It has been well recognized that severe space weather impacts arise from ionospheric density structures, which can potentially cause disruption, degradation, or blackout of satellite and terrestrial communications, radar, and radio navigation systems. Although much progress has been made in the study of ionospheric space weather in the last decade, many gaps remain in our understanding of some of the fundamental physical processes and the related impact on technologies, such as the performance and availability of satellite-based navigation and communication systems. In this session, we invite papers about recent progress and current understanding of the physical processes of ionospheric density structuring and the related impact on technologies. Observational, modeling, and theoretical studies are all encouraged.
You can use the link below to submit an abstract to this session:
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm18/prelim.cgi/Session/47371 <https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm18/prelim.cgi/Session/47371>
Best regards,

SA012 conveners:  Shasha Zou, Jade Morton, Seebany Datta-Barua