CEDAR email: Announcing four NEW Positions @ ECHAIN at Univ of New Brunswick- Deadline Nov 30, 2018

jaya jaya at unb.ca
Thu Nov 16 07:00:08 MST 2017

The Expanded Canadian High Arctic Ionospheric Network (ECHAIN)
(http://chain.physics.unb.ca/chain/) at the University of New Brunswick
is seeking to hire individuals for FOUR newly announced positions. The
deadline for applications is*November 30, 2018*. Please see links for
full descriptions, criteria and application procedures.
http://www.unb.ca/hr/careers/support-staff.php

*ECHAIN HF Radio Systems Engineer*
The Expanded Canadian High Arctic Ionospheric Network (ECHAIN) is seeking a
High-Frequency Radio Systems (HFRS) Engineer to enhance our project team
and
development of our growing network of GPS Ionospheric TEC and
Scintillation Monitors
and Ionosondes (HF Radars) in the Canadian Arctic. This position will be
focused on Research and
Development of HFRS, maintenance of Ionosondes, and develop and maintain
scientific and control software, and provide a wide variety of
Engineering and
technical support to our research team, students, and the wider scientific
community. The position will be the primary contact with our external
partners
in the ongoing development of HFRS.
http://www.unb.ca/hr/_resources/php/print-support-staff-posting.php?theid=YZ2hpw==

*Senior Programming Scientist*
The Canadian High Arctic Ionospheric Model (CHAIM) Senior Programming
Scientist is
responsible for the development and ongoing management of software
associated
with three phases of CHAIM. This role involves porting existing code
from the
IDL programing language to Matlab, developing automated data retrieval and
processing algorithms, developing and maintaining an ftp database, and
automating a highly parallelized data assimilation framework. In
addition, the
CHAIM Senior Programming Scientist will be responsible for user support
to our industrial
partners and the larger international scientific community.
http://www.unb.ca/hr/_resources/php/print-support-staff-posting.php?theid=YZ2grA==

*ECHAIN HF Radar Technician*
shall integrate within the pre-existing ECHAIN Research Team, work as
Administrator
of the HF Radar remote sensing network, and co-supervisor of the project
personnel. The responsibilities are varied and require a high level of
independent action and initiative. The level of accountability is unusually
high due to the compressed timelines, identified milestones, interdependent
complex deliverables and of course independent travel to very remote
locations
in the Canadian High Arctic as part of this position. The incumbent should
possess a wide knowledge of scientific equipment and techniques including;
digital and analog electronics; computer languages and software; HF systems;
remote sensing techniques; mechanical process; diagnosing system loads; and
server load balancing.
http://www.unb.ca/hr/_resources/php/print-support-staff-posting.php?theid=YZ2hpA==

*ECHAIN Senior System Analyst*
responsible for development and ongoing management of data integration
of the High
Frequency (HF) Radar remote sensing research program into the existing
ECHAIN
databases ensuring continuous availability to our industrial and government
partners and other members within the international scientific community.
The position will be the primary contact with our external partners
accessing this data.
The responsibilities are varied and require a high level of independent
action and initiative.
The incumbent shall integrate within the pre-existing ECHAIN Research
Team, spearhead the
development and integration of innovative data management software for
the HF
Radar remote sensing network, and mentorship of the project personnel. This
position will provide operational support that seamlessly links into
existing
ECHAIN resources, develops and maintains scientific data software, and
provides
a wide variety of support to external partner research teams, ECHAIN science
team, students, and the wider international scientific community.
http://www.unb.ca/hr/_resources/php/print-support-staff-posting.php?theid=YZ2grQ==

All the Best,
Regards
Jay