CEDAR email: The 2017 3rd COSPAR Symposium
ghjee at kopri.re.kr
Wed Mar 15 21:49:29 MDT 2017
I would like to announce the 2017 3rd COSPAR Symposium to CEDAR community:
The 2017 3rd COSPAR Symposium will be held in Jeju Island, Korea, on Sep. 18 ~ 22, 2017 (see http://cospar2017.org). The main topic of the symposium is “Small Satellites for Space Research”. We would like to bring to your attention the following session:
3. Sun, Magnetosphere, Ionosphere with Small Satellites
3-1. Observations for the Upper Atmosphere with Micro- and Nano-Satellites
Recently, the demand of low cost small satellites (micro- and nano-satellites) has increased in the area of space weather monitoring and research. This session intends to cover the instrumentation and related research for the upper atmosphere including the mesosphere and lower thermosphere (MLT) region and the ionosphere and thermosphere by small satellites.
The objectvie of this session are to review technics for observing the upper atmosphere using micro- and nano-satellites, share new idea for observing the upper atmosphere with micro- and nano-satellites and develop research applications for the upper atmosphere using satellite observations in combination with ground-based observations.
- Observation of effects of solar variability on the Earth’s geomagnetic storms, particle precipitation and aurora in relation to the upper atmospheric changes with micro- and nano-satellites
- Data analysis and instrumentation for observing wave activities propagating from the lower atmosphere into the upper atmosphere using micro- and nano-satellites
- Data analysis and instrumentation for remote sensing of optical/radio signals from ionospheric plasma onboard micro- and nano-satellites
- Challenging techniques for observation and study on the upper atmosphere with micro- and nano-satellites
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cedar_email