CEDAR email: International Association of Geomagnetism and Aeronomy (IAGA) Interdivisional Commission on Education and Outreach (IDCEO)

Edgar Bering spacephy at central.uh.edu
Tue Mar 7 13:56:47 MST 2017

Dear Colleague

I was elected to be the chair of the International Association of
Geomagnetism and Aeronomy (IAGA) Interdivisional Commission on Education
and Outreach in Prague in June, 2015. Ms. Barbara Leichter of Austria
has been selected as Vice Chair. My task now is to recruit some members
and open lines of communication with the user community.

While we welcome input, commentary, and tasking requests from all of you
at any time, our first job right now is to populate the Commission. As
you may know, IAGA Divisions and Commissions are mostly populated by the
people who attend the conferences and come to the business meetings.
Officers are required to attend every other one. As far as I know,
anyone who expresses an interest can be a member of IDCEO and everyone
who presents a paper or attends the business meeting in Cape Town 2017
will be a member.

I have attached a draft "Join IDCEO" letter. Please let me know if you
are interested. I would also very much appreciate it if you could
distribute this letter to colleagues that might be interested or if you
could send me suggestions.

We have already scheduled a symposium at the Cape Town 2017 meeting. I
have attached the call for papers. Please consider submitting a paper.
Abstracts are due March 12. http://www.iapso-iamas-iaga2017.com/

--
Edgar A. Bering, III
Professor of Physics and ECE