CEDAR email: 2017 JpGU-AGU Joint Meeting: P-EM11 Mesosphere-Thermosphere-Ionosphere Coupling in the Earth's Atmosphere

Loren Chang loren at ncu.edu.tw
Mon Jan 9 05:34:26 MST 2017

Dear Collegues,

We would like to call your attention to our international session on Mesosphere-Thermosphere-Ionosphere Coupling in the Earth's Atmosphere (P-EM11) at the 2017 JpGU-AGU Joint Meeting from May 20 - 25, 2017. This session is concerned with the physical/chemical processes occurring in the mesosphere, thermosphere, and ionosphere (MTI) from both the poles to the equatorial region. Both quiet and disturbed states in response to lower atmospheric forcing or solar forcing are important for understanding the MTI system and its coupling to other regions. We invite presentations of observations and observational concepts with ground-based and/or space-borne instruments, theoretical studies, numerical simulations, and development of data analysis systems for various kinds of temporal and spatial variations in MTI system.

Abstract submission and meeting registration are now open. The early bird submission deadline is February 3, while the final submission deadline is February 16. The 2017 JpGU-AGU Meeting will be the first joint meeting between the two societies. Our MTI Coupling session has been one of the most popular sessions at JpGU in past years, and will be an excellent opportunity for exchanges between the international and Asian aeronomy communities. We hope that you will be able to join us!

Conference page:
http://www.jpgu.org/meeting_e2017 <http://www.jpgu.org/meeting_e2017>

Abstract submission:
http://www.jpgu.org/meeting_e2017/submission.html <http://www.jpgu.org/meeting_e2017/submission.html>