CEDAR email: Call for participation in CEDAR-GEM Modeling Challenge Session at 2016 CEDAR Workshop
Shim, Ja Soon (GSFC-674.0)[CATHOLIC UNIV OF AMERICA]
jasoon.shim at nasa.gov
Thu May 12 14:21:17 MDT 2016
We invite you to participate in the GEM-CEDAR Modeling Challenge Sessions at the 2016 Joint CEDAR-GEM Workshop. We will have three sessions, which will be held on June 20 and 21, 2016 in Sweeney B of Santa Fe Community Convention Center, Santa Fe, NM.
Session 1 (13:30-15:30, Monday, 06/20) will focus on overview topics related to model validation:
1. Review the status of current CEDAR-GEM Model Validation Challenge projects
2. Challenges related to data availability and how to address these challenges for specific model validation projects
3. Uncertainty assessment and sensitivity analysis
4. Event-based metrics, expanding event list: benefits, challenges, guidelines
5. Role of magnetospheric drivers and ionospheric feedback
Session 2 (16:00-18:00, Monday, 06/20) will focus on current research and future plans for:
1. Quantification and validation of phenomena in the auroral region
o Particle precipitation
2. Validation and metrics selection for auroral boundaries specification and predictions
3. Quantification and validation of storm-driven ionospheric/thermospheric disturbances
o Poynting flux/Joule heating
o TEC, NmF2
o Neutral density/satellite drag
Session 3 (13:30-15:30, Tuesday, 06/21) will kick off and define a new Ionospheric Conductance Challenge with a discussion of which conductance validation goals will be the most timely and helpful to the GEM-CEDAR community. Please join our discussion of conductance observations and models, and help us get our Conductance Modeling Challenge off to a good start as we discuss available datasets, optimal methods of data-model comparison, and event selection.
Please find more information on the sessions at http://cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/2016_Workshop:GEM_CEDAR_Modeling_Challenge and the CEDAR-GEM Modeling Challenge at http://ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov/challenges/GEM-CEDAR/
We are soliciting short contributed talks for sessions #1 and #2 and active participation in the challenge-defining discussion planned for session #3. If you are interested in presenting your ideas, please contact Ja Soon Shim (jasoon.shim at nasa.gov<mailto:jasoon.shim at nasa.gov>) or Katherine Garcia-Sage (katherine.garcia-sage at nasa.gov<mailto:katherine.garcia-sage at nasa.gov>).
We look forward seeing you at the sessions.
Ja Soon Shim
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cedar_email