CEDAR email: SDO 2016: Burlington, VT, Oct. 17-21 -- Call for Abstracts

Vanessa George Vanessa.George at lasp.colorado.edu
Tue Mar 1 15:44:44 MST 2016

SDO 2016:  Unraveling the Sun's Complexity

Oct. 17-21, 2016   *   Burlington, VT

Living With a Star's Solar Dynamics Observatory invites you to its 2016 Science Workshop "SDO 2016: Unraveling the Sun's Complexity," October 17-21, 2016, at the Sheraton Burlington Hotel & Conference Center in Burlington, VT.   All members of the science community are welcome and encouraged to attend.  For science program details, please visit our website:  http://SDO2016.lws-sdo-workshops.org<http://sdo2016.lws-sdo-workshops.org/>.

Abstracts are solicited for presentations describing solar research in the following eight broad areas.

*  Motions Inside the Sun
*  The Evolution of Active Regions
*  Studies of Solar Eruptive Events (SEEs)
*  Motions Near and Above the Solar Surface
*  Atmospheric Dynamics and Sources of the Solar Wind
*  Solar Magnetic Variability and the Solar Cycle
*  The Sun as a Star
*  Space Weather at the Earth and other Planets

Important Dates:
Abstract due:  July 15
Early registration / hotel reservation:  September 16

We are looking forward to seeing you at the workshop!

Sincerely,
The Scientific Organizing Committee for SDO 2016:
W. Dean Pesnell (chair), Charles Baldner, Mark Cheung, Frank Eparvier, Meng Jin, Aimee Norton, and Barbara Thompson