CEDAR email: ICON Science Team Support - Job Opportunity

Stephen Mende mende at ssl.berkeley.edu
Thu Jun 16 20:06:17 MDT 2016

Dear Colleague,

The UC Berkeley ICON project is looking for scientists or engineers.

The NASA ICON Explorer satellite project is getting closer to its June 2017 launch. The instruments were delivered earlier this year and the ICON spacecraft is being integrated and tested.  Our team at the University of California Berkeley is transitioning from instrument building to spacecraft operations, data analysis and scientific study using the ICON spacecraft instruments.

We are looking for people at all levels of seniority to help us in this exciting science venture. Several positions will be opening up. If you have interest in studying of low/mid latitude thermosphere ionosphere coupling and would like to work with us on a satellite observatory project please feel free to come and talk to us. We will be at the CEDAR meeting next week.

Stephen Mende
Deputy PI ICON Project

UC Berkeley
510-642-0876