CEDAR email: Please post to the CEDAR mailing list

Rune Floberghagen rune.floberghagen at esa.int
Thu Jun 9 08:46:34 MDT 2016

Dear all,

Unless my mail server has had a hiccup, I believe the below announcement has still not been posted. May I ask the moderator to verify that the news item has been distributed to the community?

Kind regards,
Rune Floberghagen

ESA - European Space Agency

Dr. Rune Floberghagen
GOCE & Swarm Mission Manager

Mission Management Office
Directorate of Earth Observation Programmes

ESRIN
via Galileo Galilei, 2, 00044 Frascati, Italy
rune.floberghagen at esa.int | www.esa.int
T. +39 06 94180 668 | F +39 06 94180 296

> On 01 Jun 2016, at 01:39, David Knudsen <knudsen at ucalgary.ca> wrote:
>
> Dear CEDAR email Moderator,
>
> Please post the announcement below.
>
> Thank you,
>
> David Knudsen

> David J. Knudsen
> Department of Physics and Astronomy
> University of Calgary
> 2500 University Drive N.W.
> Calgary, Alberta  T2N 1N4  CANADA
> phone 403-220-8651
> knudsen at ucalgary.ca <mailto:knudsen at ucalgary.ca>
>

> ESA Swarm Call for Ideas for new data products and services
>
> This announcement is to solicit ideas for new data products and services for the European Space Agency's Swarm constellation mission.
>
> The three satellites, launched in late 2013, are currently measuring the best-ever multi-point survey of Earth's geomagnetic field and associated plasma environment.
>
> This call is directed at enhancing the scientific return of Swarm during the remainder of its nominal mission, ending in March 2018, and potentially beyond.
>
> The new concepts may be based on Swarm data only, and/or merged with data from other satellites or ground-based measurements that will enhance the scientific return of the mission.
>
> A full updated description of the Swarm current data products is available on the Data Quality <https://earth.esa.int/web/guest/swarm/data-access/quality-of-swarm-l1b-l2cat2-products> page.
>
> The selection and development of new Swarm data products and services is being carried out through a two-step process, beginning with this open call for ideas. As a second step, selected ideas will then be the basis for open Invitation(s) to Tender (ITT) for Implementation Contracts to support the development of each new product/service and possibly to sustain their operations.
>
> Interested individuals or groups are encouraged to submit new Swarm product/service ideas by 1 July 2016, via email to Swarm_DISC_CallForIdeas at esa.int <mailto:Swarm_DISC_CallForIdeas at esa.int>. Proposals will be reviewed by the Swarm DISC Board of Representatives (SDBR) presently composed by representatives of the Swarm product algorithm providers. The SDBR will report the proposal assessment to the respective point of contact. Concepts may target, for example, the enhancement of an existing Swarm scientific product, the implementation of a web-service to generate new products, or the generation of validated products merging data from other satellites.
>
> Please follow the proposal template <https://earth.esa.int/documents/10174/2511156/Swarm-CallForIdeas-Template> for submissions.

> [...]

content is not permitted.