CEDAR email: 2016 JpGU Session (P-EM03):Mesosphere-Thermosphere-Ionosphere Coupling in the Earth's Atmosphere

Loren Chang loren at ncu.edu.tw
Thu Jan 21 22:45:13 MST 2016

Dear Colleagues,

We are convening an international session on MTI coupling at Japan Geoscience Union (JpGU) meeting in May, 2016 in Japan. http://www.jpgu.org/meeting_e2016/

This session is a joint session between JpGU and AGU on atmosphere-ionosphere coupling, and solicited talks from many young active scientists are scheduled to cover a broad range of topics.

The following abstract provides detailed information on our session.

We look forward to your submissions and participation!

Thank you.

Huixin Liu
Akinori Saito
Loren Chang
Atsuki Shinbori

Session (P-EM03):Mesosphere-Thermosphere-Ionosphere Coupling in the Earth's Atmosphere

Session Description:
   The whole atmosphere concept is the key for the next breakthrough in solar-terrestrial science.
   This international session focuses on physical/chemical processes occurring in the mesosphere,
   thermosphere, and ionosphere (MTI) from both the poles to the equatorial region. Both quiet and
   disturbed states in response to lower atmospheric forcing or solar forcing are important for
   understanding the MTI system and its coupling to other regions. We invite presentations of
   observations with ground-based and/or space-borne instruments, theoretical studies,
   numerical simulations, and development of data analysis systems for various kinds of
   temporal and spatial variations in MTI system.

Solicited speakers:
  P. Epsy, T. Immel, J. Guo, M. Kaufmann, J. Lei,  Y. Miyoshi, G. Li, N. Pedatella,
  J. Snively,  M. Tsutsumi, Y. Yamasaki

Date for oral presentation: May 22, 2016.

Abstract submission: Feb. 3 (early deadline); Feb. 18 (final deadline)

Limited travel support is available on a competition basis for students with interesting results.