CEDAR email: International Beacon Satellite Symposium - Abstract Deadline Extended to March 1, 2016

Patricia Doherty patricia.doherty at bc.edu
Thu Feb 11 08:33:38 MST 2016

Dear Colleagues,

            The abstract deadline for the 2016 Beacon Satellite Symposium
has been extended to March 1st, 2016. The meeting will be held at the
International Centre for Theoretical Physics in Trieste, Italy on June 27 –
July 1, 2016.  Dr. Sandro Radicella and Dr. Bruno Nava have graciously
offered to be the local hosts this symposium.

            *This meeting will provide a unique opportunity for ionospheric
scientists from all over the world to meet and collaborate on the
ionospheric effects on radio propagation. This meeting is primarily
sponsored by the Beacon Satellite Group of the International Union of Radio
Science (URSI) Commission G. The Beacon Satellite Group is
interdisciplinary, servicing science, research, application and engineering
interests. These interests include all aspects of satellite signals
observed on the ground and by receivers on-board satellites.*

*            We invite you to consider attending this distinctive
symposium. Details on the abstract submittal process together with all the
other organizational details are available on the Beacon Satellite web site
at: http://t-ict4d.ictp.it/beacon2016 <http://t-ict4d.ictp.it/beacon2016>*.

* It is our intent to waive the registration fee and to assist travel costs
for a limited number of students and attendees from developing countries.
The total level of assistance will depend on sponsorship funding.
Information on applications for assistance will also be available soon on
our web site. *

*We sincerely hope to see you in Italy for the 19th International Beacon
Satellite Symposium.*

*Yours sincerely,*

*Patricia Doherty*, Chair, Beacon Satellite Studies Working Group, URSI
Commission G

Bruno Nava, Co-Chair, Beacon Satellite Studies Working Group

Andrzej Krankowski, Co-Chair, Beacon Satellite Studies Working Group

--
​Patricia H. Doherty​
Director