CEDAR email: Invitation to 2015 CEDAR Workshop “CEDAR-GEM Modeling Challenge” session
Shim, Ja Soon (GSFC-674.0)[CATHOLIC UNIV OF AMERICA]
jasoon.shim at nasa.gov
Wed Jun 3 14:59:49 MDT 2015
We invite you to participate in the CEDAR-GEM Modeling Challenge Session at 2015 CEDAR Workshop. The session will be held on Thursday, 25 June, from 10:00 am -12:00 pm at Kane 220 at the Univ. of Washington.
Topics for discussions and tentative agenda:
1. Modeling neutral density/satellite drag during storms
• Tidal mixing effects on neutral density, Tim-Fuller Rowell (CU/NOAA SWPC)
• Neutral density variability driven by geomagnetic forcing: Global Joule heating index, Mariangel Fedrizzi (CU/NOAA SWPC)
• Improvement in modeling of neutral density at high altitude, Eric Sutton (AFRL)
• Ensemble Assimilation Using First-Principles Models: A Tool for Three-Day Space Weather and Satellite Drag Forecasts, Marcin Pilinski (ASTRA)
• Metrics selection relevant drag study
i. Definitive orbits vs derived neutral density from orbit determination for model-data comparison
ii. Point vs averaged density
• Possible sources of data at different altitudes
• How to Improve density prediction?
i. Capturing small scale structures during storm
ii. Prediction of geomagnetic indices
iii. Alternative geomagnetic indices
• How to Improve physics-based model neutral density at high altitude?
• Ideas on linking thermospheric models to orbit propagators at CCMC
2. Regional TEC study
• Status of regional TEC study
• Data preparation for model-data comparison
Please let us know if you have suggestions or comments.
We look forward to seeing you at the workshop.
Ja Soon Shim
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cedar_email