CEDAR email: AOGS 2015: Session ST-20 - Advances in Studies of the Mesosphere and Lower Thermosphere

Loren Chang loren at jupiter.ss.ncu.edu.tw
Tue Jan 6 08:58:03 MST 2015

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to call your attention to session ST-20 at the 2015 Asia Oceania Geosciences Conference (AOGS 2015) on recent advances in studies of the mesosphere and lower thermosphere, to be held from August 2 - 7, 2015 in Singapore.

We welcome presentations on ground and satellite observations, model simulations, as well as new observation techniques and platforms that can help advance our knowledge of the dynamics and chemistry of the MLT region.

We invite you to join us at AOGS to share your exciting research results, and discuss future collaborations!

For more information, please see the AOGS 2015 webpage at: http://www.asiaoceania.org/aogs2015 . Please note that abstract submission is now open till February 18.

Sincerely,

Loren Chang, National Central University, Taiwan
Amal Chandran, University of Alaska, USA
Katelynn Greer, University of California, Berkeley, USA

AOGS 2015: August 2 - 7, Singapore.

ST-20:  Advances in Studies of the Mesosphere and Lower Thermosphere

Conveners: Loren Chang (National Central University, Taiwan), Amal Chandran (University of Alaska, USA), Katelynn Greer, (University of California, Berkeley, USA)

Often considered to be the “edge of space” from both a scientific and aeronautical perspective, the Mesosphere and Lower Thermosphere (MLT) forms the critical transition zone between the well-mixed neutral atmosphere and the diffuse, electrodynamically driven ionosphere / thermosphere. We solicit presentations covering topics of interest such as gravity waves and tides in the MLT, Stratospheric Sudden Warmings, polar mesospheric clouds, inter-hemispheric coupling, as well as solar cycle and particle precipitation effects on the chemistry and dynamics of the MLT. Recent developments in both in-situ measurements and remote sensing of the MLT also show great promise for a more comprehensive understanding of this region than previously possible. Presentations related to observations, modeling, and theoretical studies of the MLT region are welcome in this session, with the objective of understanding recent advances in MLT related topics, as well as the interactions of the MLT with the stratosphere and troposphere.