CEDAR email: 2015 CCMC Student Research Contest - Reminder of Upcoming Deadline (May 1)

ZHENG, YIHUA (GSFC-6740) yihua.zheng at nasa.gov
Tue Apr 28 14:10:20 MDT 2015

The Community Coordinated Modeling Center (CCMC) and National Science Foundation (NSF) are pleased to announce the fourth annual CCMC Student Research Contest!

We invite undergraduate and graduate students who are using (or have recently used) CCMC tools and services in a research project or as a part of coursework to enter the contest. Any students who participated in the first or second contest and are still involved in space research - we encourage you to submit a report on your new work!

A successful project could involve the use of CCMC tools to demonstrate a physical process or concept in new and creative ways, or to gain new understanding of one of the many unanswered questions in space physics. Please see the website (http://ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov/support/contest-2015/) for more information.

Winners in these categories will be invited to present their work at the 2015 CEDAR, GEM, and SHINE workshops. A fixed amount of travel support will be awarded (exact amount to be determined). Deadline for report submission is May 1, 2015. The reports will be evaluated and winners will be announced by mid May.

Please contact Yihua Zheng (yihua.zheng at nasa.gov<mailto:yihua.zheng at nasa.gov>) with any questions and let us know if you intend to enter the contest.

—————————————————
Yihua (Eva) Zheng, Ph.D.
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center