CEDAR email: Important Update on NSF Aeronomy Program Director

Barbara Emery emery at ucar.edu
Wed Mar 27 12:20:10 MDT 2013

This is a generic mailing to the CEDAR community sent 27 Mar 2013.
Meetings and jobs are listed at http://cedarweb.hao.ucar.edu under
'Community' as 'Calendar of Meetings' and 'CEDAR related opportunities'.
CEDAR email messages are under 'Community' as 'CEDAR email Newsletters'.
All are in 'Quick Links' on the main page.
Important Update on NSF Aeronomy Program Director.
 From Bob Robinson (rmrobins at nsf.gov).

Due to unfortunate and unexpected administrative/management issues at NSF, Dr.
Anja Stromme’s  Intergovernment Personnel Act position as Program Director for
Aeronomy has not been renewed.  She had been scheduled for a six-month
extension, but she will now return to her home institution at the end of her
first year.    Anja has been a tremendous addition to AGS and the Aeronomy
Program.  The energy and enthusiasm with which she undertook her Program
Director responsibilities will be greatly missed.   We ask your patience and
understanding with the administration of Aeronomy proposals while we adjust to
Anja's sudden return to SRI International.  As you might expect, it will be
extremely difficult to fill the void left by her absence.  Please stay tuned for
further information on the status of the Aeronomy program management.