CEDAR email: New book about the Northern Lights

Pål Brekke paal.brekke at spacecentre.no
Mon Mar 18 13:47:27 MDT 2013

Dear Colleagues,

Our new book about the Northern Lights has juts been published and is no available internationally through Amazon. I think this book will interest the CEDAR community and should be a nice contribution for public outreach and to promote our science.

It differs from other books that it takes the reader on a journey from myths through Kristian Birkelands theory to modern science. Furthermore it includes details of how to hunt and take great pictures of these celestial lights (last three chapters). The book is written by a scienctist and an aurora photographer (and marine biologist).

Read more about the book here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Northern-Lights-Guide-Pal-Brekke/dp/8275476240/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1363271347&sr=1-1

The book was presented at the Kennedy Center in  Washington DC 2 March 2013 at a sold out event.
http://www.kennedy-center.org/events/?event=ZNLPA

Best regards
Pål

Pål Brekke  (paal.brekke at spacecentre.no)

Seniorrådgiver       //  Senior Advisor
Norsk Romsenter  //  Norwegian Space Centre
Drammensvn 165, N-0212 Oslo, Norway
Tel +47 22511800 (Direct: 827) Fax +47 22511801
Cell Phone: +47 9087 1961

http://www.romsenter.no ++ http://www.spacecentre.no