CEDAR email: AGU Session IN035: Near Real Time Data Uses for Earth Science and Space Weather Applications:

Minow, Joseph I. (MSFC-EV44) joseph.minow at nasa.gov
Fri Jul 20 16:51:57 MDT 2012

Friends and Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce Session IN035 on Near Real Time Data Uses for Earth Science and Space Weather Applications at the 2012 American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting on Monday, 3 December - Friday, 7 December 2012 in San Francisco, California.
----------
Session IN035: Near Real Time Data Uses for Earth Science and Space Weather Applications:
Near real time data from satellite, airborne, and surface sensors are transforming existing end-user applications and spawning new ones. These applications demonstrate the utility of timely data in diverse Earth and space science disciplines including weather prediction, geologic hazards, wildfires, flooding, invasive species, agriculture, homeland security, oceanic and space weather applications. In addition to traditional computer analyses, the use of apps for smartphones and tablet computers presents an opportunity to improve and expand the timely usage of data products and services. This session seeks contributions that demonstrate the benefit of near real time data and identify gaps in current capabilities.
----------
We held this session last year and it was the most popular Earth and Space Science Informatics (IN) session in 2011 and we anticipate it be just as popular.  This session is co-sponsored by Atmospheric Sciences (A),  Cryosphere (C), Geodesy (G), Hydrology (H), Natural Hazards (NH), Ocean Sciences (OS), Seismology (S) and SPA-Magnetospheric Physics (SM).  We expect considerable and diverse interest in the topic and we're looking forward to an enjoyable and exciting session.

Please consider submitting an abstract for this Earth and Space Science Informatics session.  Check the meeting website for updates, and complete submission policies: http://fallmeeting.agu.org

Please note - the deadline for abstracts is 8 August 2012, so please plan accordingly and submit your abstract soon.  The first author must be an AGU member or sponsored by a member.

This session will be scheduled by AGU as either oral or poster or both, depending on the number and quality of the abstracts submitted.  Authors will be informed in September regarding the date and format (oral or poster) of their paper.

We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for considering this opportunity to share your research and applications insights.

Sincerely

Gerald Bawden
United States Geological Survey
gbawden at usgs.gov