CEDAR email: Incoherent Scatter Session at EGU 2010

Michael Rietveld mike at eiscat.uit.no
Thu Jan 14 14:02:39 MST 2010

The deadline for abstracts for the session
"Highlights of recent ionospheric and auroral research
by incoherent scatter radars"
(EGU session ST3.3) at the European Geosciences Union (EGU)
General Assembly, to be held in Vienna, Austria, from 02 to 07 May 2010,
closes on Monday, 18 January!!!.

Remind your colleagues and students to present those
exciting or unexplainable results for which we need the
next generation of radars.

Session description:
Incoherent scatter radar probing of the upper atmosphere is going
through a major resurgence with several new generation radars being
built and planned. The new generation radars will have radically
improved spatial and temporal resolution and will provide
volumetric imaging of our near-Earth environment.
   In the European sector, the EISCAT incoherent scatter radars
and ionospheric heating facility are used for fundamental
research of the upper atmosphere, ionosphere and magnetosphere
at auroral and polar cap latitudes. Papers will describe
highlights from the present radar systems, especially those
that emphasize questions to be addressed by the new facilities
in the future.

Michael Rietveld (Convener)
Co-Conveners: Ingemar Häggström and Sixto Gonzales

see: http://meetings.copernicus.org/egu2010/
and http://meetings.copernicus.org/egu2010/abstract_management/how_to_submit_an_abstract.html

mike.rietveld at eiscat.uit.no