CEDAR email: AGU session

Mannucci, Anthony J (335G) anthony.j.mannucci at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Aug 30 17:55:43 MDT 2010

Barbara,

I realize it's a bit late, but perhaps worth a try. Thanks!

-Tony

Dear Colleagues,

We draw your attention to the following session at the December (Fall) 2010
AGU meeting in San Francisco.

G17: Geophysical Remote Sensing With Current And Future Global Navigation
Satellite Systems

New open signals from Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) -
modernized US GPS, Russian GLONASS and the planned European Galileo and
Chinese COMPASS - provide unprecedented opportunity for novel geophysical
remote sensing approaches. Reflected and scattered L-band signals measure
surface topography of oceans and cryosphere, sea surface roughness, surface
permittivity and soil moisture. GNSS radio occultations can provide much
improved atmospheric and ionospheric retrievals, including penetration into
the atmospheric boundary layer. We encourage submissions on novel GNSS
remote sensing approaches with current and future systems, including
scientific results, experimental data and instruments.

Sponsors: Geodesy, Atmospheric Sciences, Cryosphere, Ocean Sciences,
SPA-Aeronomy

Conveners:
Anthony J. Mannucci (1)
Estel Cardellach (2)
Chi Ao (1)

(1) Jet Propulsion Laboratory
    California Institute of Technology
    Pasadena, CA, USA

(2) Institut de Ciències de l'Espai
    Campus UAB/Fac Ciencies
    Torre C-5-parell-2a planta
    08193 Bellaterra, Spain

Please note the following deadlines and dates for this meeting.

Abstract Deadline: September 2, 2010.
Fall AGU Meeting Date: December 13-17, 2010.

We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco.

Best Regards,
Tony Mannucci, Estel Cardellach and Chi Ao

--
Tony Mannucci
Supervisor, Ionospheric and Atmospheric Remote Sensing Group
 California Institute of Technology,     Email > Tony.Mannucci at jpl.nasa.gov
 4800 Oak Grove Drive,                   http://genesis.jpl.nasa.gov
 Pasadena, CA 91109